The Textile Association (India)
26, Raghukul, Pragati Colony,
Near Pragati Hall, Chhatrapati Square,
Nagpur – 440 015
M.: +91-9860930380, 9822573341
Dr. Hemant Sonare is a Ph.D. 2015 under the faculty of Commerce in the discipline of Business Management, MBA in 1998, B.Text in 1994, Diploma in Fashion Designing (D.F.D.) in 1994 and International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Dr. Sonare is a leading educationist, a reputed textile-garment technologist, agriculturist, an eminent speaker & a well-known social scientist. He is dedicated resourceful, goal driven professional with outstanding contribution in the field of education, textile, clothing & agriculture industry. He is an ambitious, versatile, self-driven, highly motivated, enthusiastic & dedicated professional with 23 years significant experience in the field of Education / Garment / Fashion / Textile / Media / Promotion & Event industry.
Dr. Sonare served the society at large significantly & contributed for the growth and developmental cause through industry / youth / farmer and women empowerment. He is a first generation entrepreneur who has made outstanding contribution in the textile, clothing & education industry. Have established Texcellence Institute of Design & Texcellence Clothing International to educate & employ women’s of the weaker section of the society.
He has wide significantly contributed for the socioeconomic development through upliftment of cotton grower farmer’s community of Vidarbha and many others.
Dr. Sonare also worked as a Convener of the prestigious 4th Indian Youth Science Congress a forum of young scientists involved in the development processes for a sustainable future of the planet and as a Conference Chairman organized 12th International & 70th All India Textile Conference at Nagpur based on theme Cotton, Textile & Apparel Value & Supply Chain: Global Opportunities & Challenges!! The conference has received massive response with 1100 delegates & 80 speakers from all across the India & World. Also as a Conference Convenor organised AGROVISION conference based on theme ‘DEVELOPMENT OF COTTON HUBS & TEXTILE PARKS IN VIDARBHA at largest Agri Summit AGROVISION, Nagpur.
Dr. Hemant has also the following activities in his credit:
Worked as Editor for Textile Association –Vidarbha’s Magazine & Campus Buzz magazine.
- Member of various eminent societies & trade associations and served significantly for the developmental causes through woman & youth empowerment.
- Involved in establishment of Business Incubation Centre at Nagpur to support new start-ups for creating successful business ventures by synergizing and leveraging the various strands of curriculum for excellence by driving innovation and Entrepreneurship in a thriving ecosystem.
- Presented numerous lectures at various prestigious platforms of education, textiles & clothing Industry.
- Super Heads in institutional strategies, process of internationalization and has undertaken numerous significant academic excellence.
- Involved in establishment of academic & industry collaborations with various national & international universities.
- Organized and participated in various Garments & Textile Trade Fairs in Vidarbha.
- Initiated & implemented Career Guidance camps PAHCHAN all over Maharashtra.
- Written articles on various aspects of developmental economics by advocating on value addition & supply chain management of textile and garment sector Published Research Papers and articles in various National Symposiums.
- Conducted various programs and delivered lectures in Nagpur Aakashwani, particularly in Yuvawani and Vanitavishwa.
Dr. Hemant Sonare visited 14 leading International universities of United Kingdom (UK) for establishment of international linkages through strategic academic ventures, tie-ups,collaboration, collaborative research, bilateral exchange programs,summits,exposure visits etc. He also visited 2 international universities from Malaysia to initiate collaborative project for textile & fashion
educational programs. He has professionally conducted more than 500 corporate events in various sectorall across India.
Dr. Sonare has been a recipient of ‘Krushibhushan’ award for significant contribution in the area of empowerment of cotton growing farmers of Vidhrabha and recipient of “Warud Gaurav Purskar” for up-liftment & social contribution. He has been awarded for Shri. J. J. Randeri Service Memento Award during 14th International & 72nd All India Textile Conference held at Bhopal in 2016.
Dr.Hemant Sonare is holds esteemed position as a ‘Hon. Secretary’ of The Textile Association (India) – Vidarbha Unit and now he is elected as Chairman of The Textile Association (India), Central Body.