In the interpretation of these Rules & Regulations the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings, unless repugnant to the subject or context:
- “Association” means the Textile Association (India) established as aforesaid.
- “Rules 8s Regulations” means Memorandum and the Rules & Regulations of the Association framed by the Governing Council from time to time.
- “Textile Industry” means all sectors of Textile industry and shall deem to include organized mills Power looms, handlooms, knitting, silk, woolen. Jute and garments sector etc.
- “Textile Manufacturing” includes textile manufacturing, processing, garment making, designing, management and marketing.
- “Governing Council” means the council of the Association constituted by the elected representatives of its Units to administer the affairs of the Association.
- “Standing Advisory Committee” means the committee constituted by the President of Association as herein after provided.
- “Member” means any Honorary, Patron, Life, Ordinary or Organizational member including overseas and student member of the Association for the time being.
- “Member” word imparting masculine gender which also includes the feminine gender.
- “Register of Members” means the Register of all types of Members to be kept under Rules at Central Office.
- “Central Office” means the administrative headquarters of the Association.
- “Logo” means the symbol of the Association.
- “Financial Year” means April to March.
- “Term of Governing Council” means the date from which the Governing Council takes over the charge till it hands over to the newly elected Governing Council after two years.
- Singular number – word imparting the singular number include plural and vice versa.
Membership And Fees
(a) Eligibility of Membership
The Membership of the Association shall be open to those falling under one or more of the following categories:
- Those engaged in technical, supervisory, administrative or managerial capacities in textile mills, power looms, handlooms, knitting, artsilk, silk, woollen and jute Units of the industry and those employed in manufacturing and Trading of Textile Machineries, Fibres, Dyes, Chemicals and Auxiliaries connected with Textile Industry having a minimum qualification of graduation or diploma.
- Those engaged on the technical or administrative staff of any recognized Textile bodies. Technological or Research Institutes or Laboratories and those working as textile consultants.
- Those working as Textile Journalists connected with textile and allied periodicals and publications.
- All those qualified in Textile from universities, polytechnics and other technical institutions recognized by the Governing Council of the Association from time to time.
- Those who had worked at sometime or other in past in any one of the capacities enumerated in (i) or (ii) above.
(b) The student membership shall be open to those falling under one of the following categories:
- Student of recognized Textile or Technological Institutes studying diploma or degree courses.
- Person working in Textile Industry or laboratories or Research Institutes not falling under the Regulation 2 (a) but desiring to enhance his qualifications by appearing ATA Examination for which he is eligible.
Class of Membership
There will be four classes of members:
(a) Corporate Members
(b) Patron Members
(c) Life Members
(d) Overseas Members
a. Corporate Members
This membership will be open to the Textile Units. Fibre Manufacturers, Textile Machinery Manufacturers. Dyes, Chemicals and Auxiliary Manufacturers etc., connected with the Textile Industry and Textile Research Institutions and Laboratories. The Corporate Membership shall be for ten years and its fees shall be as per bye-laws. Such Corporate members will have a right to depute two persons for participating in the activities organized by the Association. Such nominees will enjoy all the facilities of Life Membership.
b. Patron Members
Persons eligible to become member under Rule 2 (a) can be enrolled as Patron member by paying fees as per bye laws. A Life Member can become a Patron member on payment of fees as per bye-laws on completion of five years as Life Membership.
c. Life Members
Persons eligible to become member under Rule 2 (a) can be enrolled as Life Member by paying fees as per bye-laws.
A Member of the Association who leaves the country to serve or do business in any part of the world or decides to settle permanently in other country and if he desires to receive notices of the meetings, other communications and journals etc., from headquarters he will Life Time membership.
Any Indian or foreign national who has obtained degree/ diploma from Indian Universities/Institutions or foreign Universities/Institutions and is settled in other countries, will be eligible to become Life Time member of the Association.
The eligibility criteria of membership mentioned above will have to be verified and confirmed by the Units at the time of the application except in the case of members already on the role of the Association as on the date of the amendments to these Rules become effective.
The Governing Council shall from time to time frame Rules for entrance and membership fees which shall be finally approved by the General body.
Persons or organizations fulfilling the eligibility criteria or conditions may be is desirous of becoming member of the Association shall apply in the prescribed form of the Association supported by 2 members having 2 years membership of the Association. The admission of the membership shall be governed by the procedure of enrollment of membership as per the bye-laws.
Persons becoming member of the Association will pay an entrance fee as per bye-laws. Entrance fees will be credited to the Central Reserve Fund.
Every member of the Association shall be attached to any one of the affiliated Unit, preferably of the area in which he resides or work at the moment. In case he moves to another area thereafter he may transfer his membership to the Unit of that area in which he then resides or works. Such transfer can be made provided that the Central Office is informed accordingly. No fees shall be charged for such a transfer.
A person/organizations being admitted to the Membership of the Association, he or the nominees of the organizations will be deemed to have agreed to abide by the rules and regulations and bye-laws of the Association that may come into force from time to time.
Members shall continue to enjoy all rights as Patron or Life Members during their life time as the case may be.
Patron Members will be given badges with logo of the Association showing their membership of the Association. Badges will be provided by the Central Office.
Membership fees collected will be shared between the centre and the affiliated Units as per bye-laws. The share of the centre out of the fees of Patron members will be credited to a special fund earmarked for capital expenditure of any nature as decided by the Governing Council. The affiliated Units will be free to spend its share of membership fees in a manner as it deem fit for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
Register of Members
A Register of members shall be kept in which such information about members like name, date of birth, qualifications, residential address, occupation / employment, office address and his affiliated Unit for the time being, the date at which he was enrolled as a member, all changes in membership from Life to Patron and his affiliated Units shall be incorporated. In case of organizational members such information like the name of organization, its registered office, nature of business, date at which it was enrolled as organizational member, all changes in name of the representatives, the period of its membership etc., shall be incorporated in the Register of members. The Register shall be updated every 2 years with the help of the Units. It shall remain open for inspection during office hours of the Association on giving such intimations in advance.