ITMF Board elected New Members for the term 2020-2022
On October 22nd, 2020 during the Hybrid ITMF Annual Conference 2020 of the International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF), the Committee of Management of the Federation elected the members of the Board for the term 2020-2022.
Mr. Ruizhe Sun, President of the China National Textile and Apparel Council (CNTAC), was unanimously elected as the new President of the Federation. Sun Ruizhe, started his career in 1985. He first graduated from university with a bachelor degree of engineering and later received an EMBA degree. He is now a professor-level senior engineer and an expert enjoying special subsidy rewarded by the government.
Mr. Sun is the President of China National Textile and Apparel Council (CNTAC), vice chairman of the International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF), board chairman of China Textile Engineering Society, chairman of the Responsible Supply Chain Association (RSCA), CNTAC, and also Director of China Textile & Garment Brand Strategy Promotion Committee.
Mr. K.V. Srinivasan (India) and Mr. Juan Parès (Spain) were elected as Vice Presidents of the Federation.
Mr. K.V. Srinivasan is B.Tech. in Textile Technology at PSG College of Technology (1983), M.Sc in Textile Technology from the University of Manchester (1984) and Ph.D from the University of Manchester for research work in warp spinning technology (1986). He is recipient of various awards & Scholarships. William Jones Scholarship (1984), University of Manchester Overseas Research Student Award (1985) and Textile Institute Scholarship (1986).
- Mr. K.V. Srinivasan, on completion of Ph.D worked on a joint research project between Mezdan, Platts Saco Lowell and University of Manchester on evaluation of splicing of spun yarns
- Managing Director of Premier Mills Pvt. Ltd. and Premier Fine Linens Pvt. Ltd.
- Committee Member of The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council from 1998
- Member of the Young Entrepreneurs Group of the International Textile Manufacturers Federation from 2000 to 2003
- Chairman of the Southern India Mills’ Association (SIMA), Coimbatore, from 2007 to 2009
- Vice Chairman of the South India Textile Research Association, Coimbatore, from 2010
- Chairman of the Yarn Committee, The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council, Mumbai, from 2007 to 2009
- Member of the Board of ITMF
- Vice President of ITMF
- Chairman of The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council, Mumbai, (TEXPROCIL) from Nov 2018
Juan Parés born in Cantabria-Spain in 1960, is Chairman and CEO of Textil Santanderina S.A., a Spanish spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing textile manufacturing company.
He has Degree in Business administration and management at the University of Cantabria, he started at Textil Santanderina in 1980, where he worked as Quality Manager from 1985 to 1989 and Product & Marketing Manager from 1989 to 1993. Mr. Pares was appointed Managing Director & CEO in 1994 and Chairman of the Textil Santanderina Group in 2007. The Group consists of several companies:
- Galicia Textil S.A. since 1988, a spinning and weaving company
- Acabados del Bages S.A. (ABSA) since 1993, a company dedicated to dyeing and finishing of cotton fabrics and blends
- Monretex, S.A. since 1996, a trading company of fashion fabrics
- TS USA since 2001
- Gildelasal, S.L. since 2003
- Bellissima Apparels Ltd, Bangladesh since 2008
- DESCO since 2010
- Ste. Chitotex sarl, Morocco since 2011
- TS Brasil since 2013
- ATOP Hong Kong since 2015
- TS Estampacion Digital Sarl, Morocco since 2015
Textil Santanderina origins dates back to 1923 and the company began its international expansion in the late eighties. The company is operating in all major textile producing countries. Working in the Global Market with technical and fashion fabrics and garments with own facilities in Spain, Morocco and Bangladesh.
Besides, he has several Professional Affiliations as Member of the Board of Directors TEXFOR, a new business organization established in 2010 combining various Spanish textile employers’ associations; Member of the Strategic Committee of Premiere Vision; Member of the Social Council of the University of Cantabria and Member of the Board of Directors of Mutua Montañesa.
Mr. Ernesto Maurer (Switzerland) was elected as the new Treasurer.