Dr. B. B. Jena, Chairman TAI Odisha highlighted about the purpose of this seminar. Mr. Sambit Satapathy, Hon. Secretary, TAI Odisha spoke on TAI Activities and requested to be the member of TAI Odisha Unit.
Shri Ashok Juneja, National President, TAI Central conveyed his best wishes message to the entire team of organizing committee for their initiative & the grand success of the event. With their first initiative, Textile & Garment sector will develop further in the State of Odisha and will be the tremendous potential for the growth of Textile & Garment resulting employments to many and also the deliberation of presentation during the Seminar will be beneficial to all & compilation of e-book which will be a good document for further reference.
There were 9 papers slated for the seminar and the first session was chaired by Dr. B. B. Jena, Chairmn, TAI Odisha. The second session was chaired by Dr. A. K. Dash, Vice President, TAI Odisha. At the end of the seminar to create interest among the students, Mr. Sambit Satapathy conducted a quiz among the students with awards to the winners.
At the end of the seminar, students and participants gave their impression about the seminar. It was decided to have gatherings at the cluster level in future in Bargarh district.
Following papers were presented on this seminar:
- Scope and Opportunities of Textile and Garment Development in Odisha, Dr. A. K. Dash.
- Cotton Cultivation in Odisha, Dr. S. P. Mishra
- Small Scale Garment Industry : Investment and Cost, Mr. Bibhuti Pradhan
- Development and Application of Tribal Art and Design, Ms. Tapasi Mohanty
- Skilling Odisha in Handloom and Apparel Sector, Mr. Pravat Kumar Sahoo
- Nanocellulose and its Application in Textiles, Ms. Arpita Samanta
- Innovative Utilization of Waste in Handloom Textiles to Adopt Sustainable Fashion, Ms. Sujata Chand & Ms. Kirti Ghosh.
The meeting was concluded with vote of thanks By Mr. Sambit Satapathy, Secretary, TAI, Odisha.